It’s Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly book meme hosted by Book Journey.
What I’ve been up to last week…
Last week I’ve been very busy. At work, we’re ramping up for the midwinter conference of the American Libraries Association (ALA). I’m scheduled to give two presentations to different groups of librarians and two more general presentations at the exhibit booth in the main exhibit hall. I’ve never really liked speaking in public, but I’ve grown a little more comfortable with it over the years.
Also, my online classes have started again. I’m taking classes to earn B.S. in Information Systems Management. So now the extra writing has begun. Ugh! I write almost like I talk…I’m a woman of few words, only speaking when I have something to contribute to the conversation. In these online classes, participation is about 10% of my grade. I have to write something in response to other students writings even when I don’t have much to add, and I usually end up repeating what another person has already written. And let’s not forget about the papers that have to be written, always a case study that we’ll add on through the course. It usually takes me the entire week to come up with the required 3 to 5 pages and one more for references, even though the pages are double-spaced.
Both book that I’m I’m reading this week are audio books.
Die Again by Tess Gerritsen
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 34 minutes
- Publisher: Brilliance Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: December 30, 2014
- Publisher’s summary: Boston Detective Jane Rizzoli is on the case of a big game hunter found dead in his apartment, alone with the body of a beautiful white snow leopard he had recently been commissioned to procure and stuff for a high-profile museum in the area. Medical examiner Maura Isles connects the case to a number of seemingly unrelated deaths where the victims have all been found hanging upside down, the hallmark of a leopard’s kill. Rizzoli follows the puzzling trail of clues all the way to Botswana, where she uncovers the unsolved mystery of a deadly camping safari four years prior. When she realizes the two cases are connected, Rizzoli must track down the sole survivor of the tragic trip to discover who – or what – is behind these gruesome deaths
Ignite by Sara B. Larson
- Listening Length: 9 hours and 19 minutes
- Publisher: Scholastic Audio
- Audible.com Release Date: January 1, 2015
- Publisher summary: Murder, kidnapping, and forbidden romance abound in this thrilling sequel to Sara B. Larson’s acclaimed YA debut, Defy. Alexa continues to harbor a secret love for the newly crowned King Damian, yet she remains by his side as his guard and ever committed to helping him rebuild Antion and reclaim the hope of Antion’s people. However, when a new threat to Damian and his kingdom emerges, and blame is cast on the once friendly nation of Blevon, Alexa knows things are not what they seem. Once again the fate of her country hangs in the balance. Will Alexa be able to protect her king and uncover the true enemy – before it’s too late?
What are you reading this week?